TKT is offered by Cambridge Assessment English, probably the world’s most well-known and well-respected provider of qualifications in EFL and TEFL.
The Cambridge TKT is a series of modular tests which assess your knowledge in specific areas of English language teaching. TKT consists of three core modules: Module 1, Module 2 and Module 3 and two specialist modules: TKT Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) and TKT Young Learners (YL).
You can take each test individually and receive a Cambridge English certificate for each module you complete.Why choose TKT?
- TKT is an internationally-recognised certificate which is accepted in over 60 countries.
- It provides subject knowledge and a clear path for those seeking professional development in teaching.
- are familiar with different teaching methodologies.
- know how to use teaching resources effectively.
- understand key aspects of lesson planning.
- can use different classroom management methods for different needs.
- have little to no teaching experience or qualifications but would like to develop your teaching skills.
- are already teaching, but would like to take an internationally recognised qualification to gain formal recognition for your experience.
- want to improve your career opportunities by widening your teaching experience into specialists areas.
- want to keep your teaching skills up to date.
After taking TKT, you can take other Cambridge English teaching qualifications such as ICELT and Delta. Preparing for the TKT Exam
Our 60-hour course will fully prepare you to sit the 3 core modules test: TKT Module 1, Module 2 and Module 3.
The 3-module course includes
- terms and concepts of English language teaching.
- factors underpinning the learning of English.
- a range of materials, tasks and activities for English language teaching.
- the knowledge and skills you need to plan lessons.
- the types of assessment and resources that can guide your lesson planning.
- teachers’ and learners’ language.
- classroom management.
On top of the 3 core modules, you may opt to enroll in a 20-hour top-up course to prepare for the specialist module of TKT Young Learners (YL) or TKT CLIL. The CLIL module covers
- the learning, thinking and language skills that learners acquire in different areas of the curriculum.
- lesson planning, the activities and resources needed to support a Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) approach.
- lesson delivery and assessment in CLIL contexts.
- learning and development in young learners.
- the strategies and skills required to teach young learners aged 6–12 years.
- lesson planning, the activities and resources needed to support young learners.
- lesson delivery and assessment in young learner contexts.